Liberty-minded voting Americans seek qualified Liberty Candidates!
Will you defend the principles of: individual liberty, constitutional government, sound money, free markets, non-interventionist foreign policy? Then you are very likely a Liberty Candidate!
PLEASE fill out the Liberty Candidate application below, then email to Gigi Bowman. America needs all the Liberty Candidates she can get right now!
Besides defending the above principles, you must have:
- A website with…
- A photo
- A donation page with links
- An issues page
- A link back to LibertyCandidates.com should you be accepted.
Please tell us about you:
Office you seek (pick one by deleting the others): U.S. Senate | U.S. House of Representatives | State Senate | State House of Representatives | Other _____________
Do you have a primary challenger? Yes No
Pledges I have signed:
Please answer the following Liberty Candidate questions
Not running for federal office and these issues are not ones you’ll get to legislate on? No matter — think of these questions as the Liberty Litmus test! Your answers tell us where you stand on liberty issues in general. Also, give us complete answers rather than just yes/no so we can see your thinking. Most of us don’t know you and short answers can be misinterpreted! Thank you.
Liberty Candidate questions
I) Re. the U.S. Financial System:
- What is your view of the monetary system in the U.S. today?
- What corrective actions could we take right now to improve the economy?
- Do you agree with the actions the Federal Reserve has taken to solve the financial crisis? If not, what could the Fed have done differently?
- Should the Federal Reserve be audited fully, no secrets, or does it need to keep some information under wraps?
II) Re. Foreign Policy:
- What is your opinion on current US foreign policy?
- How should we fight a “war on terror”?
- Should the U.S. occupy other countries? If not, would you push to close all bases? Are there any you would keep open?
- Should the U.S. maintain its standing army?
- Is the Patriot Act necessary to protect America? If not, would you vote to repeal it?
III) Re. Personal Liberty:
- What information may the U.S. government legally gather about its citizens? When would it be necessary to overstep those boundaries?
- What limits, if any, should be placed on the U.S. government’s ability to search its citizens without a warrant?
- Ought the U.S. government be allowed to protect its citizens’ health by outlawing foods it considers unsafe, or to force medicate (i.e., fluoridation) or force vaccinate citizens?
- What controls, if any, should be placed on the right to own a gun? Is there an effective way to keep guns out of the hands of madmen and criminals without encroaching on the rights of free, law-abiding citizens?
IV) Re. U.S. Sovereignty:
- Is our involvement in and subjugation to global organizations, such as WHO (World Health Organization), NATO, the UN, etc., a benefit to U.S. citizens?
- Would you work to repeal international agreements that purport to hold U.S. citizens and/or property under its jurisdiction, or do you think there might be times when benefits outweigh concessions?
- Are trade agreements with other nations, i.e., NAFTA, CAFTA, good for U.S. citizens?
- Should the U.S. give foreign aid to other countries? If yes, for what purposes would it be justified? If not all countries, which would you continue to support?
- Do you know what nullification is? If yes, how do you plan to use it?
V) Re. State Sovereignty:
- When does state law take precedent over federal law?
- Would you stand up to the federal government and demand that it stay within the bounds of its enumerated powers and out of state business?
- Do federal officers have the right to arrest non-military citizens within the individual states for any crimes?
VI) Illegal Immigration:
- What do you see as the #1 problem with illegal immigration?
- What actions could we take to stop illegal immigrants from taking advantage of social services?
VII) Misc. Questions:
- If you could make one amendment to the U.S. Constitution, what would it be?
- Would you vote to end government subsidies to private industry?
- What should our government’s action be against Julian Assange, if any?
- Do you know what Agenda 21/Sustainable Development and the Communitarian agenda is? Do you support it? Why or why not?
Thank you! Please email your answers to Gigi Bowman. You will hear back from us shortly!