Charles WON his seat! Way to go, Charles. Thank you for running!!!
“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone.” – Claude Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)
Charles answers the Liberty Candidate questions here:
I) Re. the U.S. Financial System:
1. What is your view of the monetary system in the U.S. today? We are all slaves to the international bankers
2. What corrective actions could we take right now to improve the economy? Bring our troops home.
3. Do you agree with the actions the Federal Reserve has taken to solve the financial crisis? If not, what could the Fed have done differently? No. Let the free market determine interest rates. No bailouts!
4. Should the Federal Reserve be audited fully, no secrets, or does it need to keep some information under wraps? Audited and shut down.
II) Re. Foreign Policy:
1. What is your opinion on current US foreign policy? Imperialistic
2. How should we fight a “war on terror”? Defend our country on our borders.
3. Should the U.S. occupy other countries? If not, would you push to close all bases? Are there any you would keep open? No / Yes
4. Should the U.S. maintain its standing army? Yes/ on our land.
5. Is the Patriot Act necessary to protect America? If not, would you vote to repeal it? No / Yes
III) Re. Personal Liberty:
1. What information may the U.S. government legally gather about its citizens? When would it be necessary to overstep those boundaries? The number of people per household.
2. What limits, if any, should be placed on the U.S. government’s ability to search its citizens without a warrant? The 4th amendment.
3. Ought the U.S. government be allowed to protect its citizens’ health by outlawing foods it considers unsafe, or to force medicate (i.e., fluoridation) or force vaccinate citizens? No
4. What controls, if any, should be placed on the right to own a gun? Is there an effective way to keep guns out of the hands of madmen and criminals without encroaching on the rights of free, law-abiding citizens? None. No
IV) Re. U.S. Sovereignty:
1. Is our involvement in and subjugation to global organizations, such as WHO (World Health Organization), NATO, the UN, etc., a benefit to U.S. citizens? No
2. Would you work to repeal international agreements that purport to hold U.S. citizens and/or property under its jurisdiction, or do you think there might be times when benefits outweigh concessions? Yes
3. Are trade agreements with other nations, i.e., NAFTA, CAFTA, good for U.S. citizens? No
4. Should the U.S. give foreign aid to other countries? If yes, for what purposes would it be justified? If not all countries, which would you continue to support? No
V) Re. State Sovereignty:
1. When does state law take precedent over federal law? Everywhere except as outlined in the 10th amendment.
2. Would you stand up to the federal government and demand that it stay within the bounds of its enumerated powers and out of state business? Yes
3. Do federal officers have the right to arrest non-military citizens within the individual states for any crimes? No
VI) Illegal Immigration:
1. What do you see as the #1 problem with illegal immigration? Entitlements
2. What actions could we take to stop illegal immigrants from taking advantage of social services? Eliminate these entitlements
VII) Misc. Questions:
1. If you could make one amendment to the U.S. Constitution, what would it be? Repeal the 16th amendment.
2. Would you vote to end government subsidies to private industry? Yes
3. What should our government’s action be against Julian Assange, if any? None.
4. Do you know what Agenda 21/Sustainable Development and the Communitarian agenda is? Do you support it? Why or why not? Yes / No / It is threat to National Sovereignty and Private Property for starters
Charles A. Gregory
Office you seek: State House of Representatives
PRIMARY DATE: 7/31
Phone Number: (three four seven) 7 six six -7 two 81