✓ Sterling has been endorsed by Liberty Candidate for President Gary Johnson
✓ Click here to support Sterling’s liberty run for office!
Endorsements and Mentions:
“Sterling Russell will bring back the true definitions of liberty and freedom to the great state of Texas. As a continual fighter for total liberty and minimal government, A vote for Sterling Russell for Texas State House of Representatives in District 15, is a vote to take a stand for Texas freedom. Be Libertarian with me; Vote for Sterling Russell!” – Governor & Presidential Nominee Gary Johnson
“Sterling Russell understands that Liberty requires responsibility, and that Government is the enemy of both. He deserves the support of the voters in his district.” – Jeff Daiell, Most Successful Gubernatorial Nominee in LP of Texas history
“Sterling Russell is a principled candidate who was endorsed by Liberty-candidates.org which is not an easy accomplishment. I personally voted to accept him into our organization because I believe he has everything that we need to take our country back and that begins with running local office on a liberty platform! I’m proud to have Sterling Russell on our Liberty Candidates team!” – Gigi Bowman, President www.liberty-candidates.org
“Sterling Russell is a great advocate for Liberty in Montgomery County. Don’t settle for second best. You can make a real difference this year by voting for Sterling Russell.” – Robert Butler, Vice Chair of the Williamson County LP, & SLEC Rep for District 5
“Sterling is the only candidate in this race who is uncompromising on freedom, a fiscal and constitutional conservative and a commonsense representative of our community.” – Bruce West, Former Candidate for US House District 8
“Sterling Russell is just the kind of man Texas needs at this critical point in history. While career politicians have put Texas on the brink of ruin, Sterling can help us reverse course and move back to our legacy of liberty. I wholeheartedly support Sterling Russell for Texas Rep in District 15!” – Tammy Blair, Candidate for Texas State Senate District 3
“I had the pleasure of meeting Sterling Russell at the National Convention. If you like the way government runs vote for the other candidates, if you want to really do something to help Texas, vote for Sterling Russell. He is fresh air in the Liberty movement” – John Jay Myers, Candidate for United States Senator
“Voters can continue to hope that the same politicians will change their destructive behavior, or choose genuine people that sincerely want to serve in the best interest of the people. Defending rights and property is the sole job of government, and Sterling Russell is committed to that purpose.” – Pat Dixon, Chair, Libertarian Party of Texas
“I whole heartedly endorse Sterling Russell for District 15. Sterling embodies the principles of Liberty. I admire his tenacity and willingness to fight for the rights of Texans. That being said, get out there and WIN!!!” -Steve Susman, Candidate for U.S. Representative District 22
“This year there are many candidates seeking to represent you in the Texas House. There are few committed to making decisions based on principle, Sterling Russell is one of them! Mr. Russell’s fresh perspective is exactly what our Texas Legislature needs. On November 6th, please cast your vote for the man who puts your individual rights ahead of special interests. Vote for Sterling Russell for Texas House, District 15.” – Heather Fazio, Executive Director, Texans for Accountable Government
Sterling answers the Liberty Candidate questions below:
I) Re. the U.S. Financial System:
1. What is your view of the monetary system in the U.S. today?
Inflation runs rampid due to printed money that has a deteriorating value and Keynesian Economics.
2. What corrective actions could we take right now to improve the economy?
End the Fed
3. Do you agree with the actions the Federal Reserve has taken to solve the financial crisis? If not, what could the Fed have done differently?
No – and the only way to correct these actions is the end the FED altogether. Improvement is not an option.
4. Should the Federal Reserve be audited fully, no secrets, or does it need to keep some information under wraps?
The Federal Reserve should be audited and fully transparent.
II) Re. Foreign Policy:
1. What is your opinion on current US foreign policy?
It’s horrendous. We are basically the world police saying we’re spreading democracy when spreading nothing more than war and dictatorship.
2. How should we fight a “war on terror”?
We shouldn’t. The war on terror is artificial. It’s not terror when someone defends their home. Yes there are terrorist, but we are helping create them.
3. Should the U.S. occupy other countries? If not, would you push to close all bases? Are there any you would keep open?
4. Should the U.S. maintain its standing army?
Yes, but inside the borders of America.
5. Is the Patriot Act necessary to protect America? If not, would you vote to repeal it?
Absolutely not necessary. If I were running for a Federal position, repealing it would be a top priority.
III) Re. Personal Liberty:
1. What information may the U.S. government legally gather about its citizens? When would it be necessary to overstep those boundaries?
Social Security Number, and Convicted Crimes would be all that I would like the government to gather. And overstepping that should never happen.
2. What limits, if any, should be placed on the U.S. government’s ability to search its citizens without a warrant?
There should never be a search without a warrant. The 4th amendment was written for a reason.
3. Ought the U.S. government be allowed to protect its citizens’ health by outlawing foods it considers unsafe, or to force medicate (i.e., fluoridation) or force vaccinate citizens?
Absolutely not. Under no circumstances should the government pretend to know what is best for an individual.
4. What controls, if any, should be placed on the right to own a gun? Is there an effective way to keep guns out of the hands of madmen and criminals without encroaching on the rights of free, law-abiding citizens?
None. And no, gun laws only apply to those willing to follow the law.
IV) Re. U.S. Sovereignty:
1. Is our involvement in and subjugation to global organizations, such as WHO (World Health Organization), NATO, the UN, etc., a benefit to U.S. citizens?
2. Would you work to repeal international agreements that purport to hold U.S. citizens and/or property under its jurisdiction, or do you think there might be times when benefits outweigh concessions?
3. Are trade agreements with other nations, i.e., NAFTA, CAFTA, good for U.S. citizens?
Trade “Agreements” only limit free trade. Free trade is the staple of peaceful society.
4. Should the U.S. give foreign aid to other countries? If yes, for what purposes would it be justified? If not all countries, which would you continue to support?
All foreign aid should be cut, especially when we have any sort of deficit. Currently most of our foreign aid falls into the hands of corrupt governments, and that is not acceptable.
V) Re. State Sovereignty:
1. When does state law take precedent over federal law?
When federal law violates states rights.
2. Would you stand up to the federal government and demand that it stay within the bounds of its enumerated powers and out of state business?
3. Do federal officers have the right to arrest non-military citizens within the individual states for any crimes?
They shouldn’t, no. But with NDAA and the Patriot act – they now can, and its despicable.
VI) Illegal Immigration:
1. What do you see as the #1 problem with illegal immigration?
The War on Drugs.
2. What actions could we take to stop illegal immigrants from taking advantage of social services?
Cut social Services altogether.
VII) Misc. Questions:
1. If you could make one amendment to the U.S. Constitution, what would it be?
All bills written apply equally to Congress & Senate as they do to citizens.
2. Would you vote to end government subsidies to private industry?
3. What should our government’s action be against Julian Assange, if any?
Support him. He had the courage to expose war crimes.
4. Do you know what Agenda 21/Sustainable Development and the Communitarian agenda is? Do you support it? Why or why not?
I am very aware of Agenda 21 and am against it 100%. Trying to limit freedom, and systematically eliminate portions of the population under the auspices of Environmental and Community benefit is atrocious.
Your Name: Sterling Russell
Office you seek: Texas House, District 15
State House of Representatives
PRIMARY DATE: None – Libertarians have conventions – and the date is still in the air, but I am the only libertarian running for District 15.
Email Address: email@example.com
Website: www.SterlingRussell.com | www.facebook.com/sterlingfortexas