5/22/12 Dale lost his primary. Thank you for running, Dale. See you next time!!!
Dale answers the Liberty Candidate questions below:
I) Re. the U.S. Financial System:
1. What is your view of the monetary system in the U.S. today?
I view our current system broken and am strongly OPPOSED to the Federal Reserve. I SUPPORT a return to the gold standard.
2. What corrective actions could we take right now to improve the economy?
I would end deficit spending, reduce government spending by eliminate the Department of Education, EPA and the USDA, drill oil here in the U.S., allow the building of oil refineries, and eliminate as much red tape as possible to encourage the free markets to expand and create jobs.
3. Do you agree with the actions the Federal Reserve has taken to solve the financial crisis? If not, what could the Fed have done differently?
No, I don’t support the Federal Reserve. There is nothing the FED could have done. Again, I support a return to the gold standard and eliminate the Federal Reserve completely.
4. Should the Federal Reserve be audited fully, no secrets, or does it need to keep some information under wraps?
It should be audited, shut down and irresponsible officials arrested and jailed pending a trial.
II) Re. Foreign Policy:
1. What is your opinion on current US foreign policy?
Its been a complete disaster. We shouldn’t be the global police force and I’d support ending the unconstitutional wars in Iraq and in Afghanistan.
2. How should we fight a “war on terror”?
When we engage an enemy it needs to be on our terms with congressional approval (I.e. a declaration of war)
3. Should the U.S. occupy other countries? If not, would you push to close all bases? Are there any you would keep open?
I don’t support imperialism or the occupation of other countries nor do I support isolationism. I do support keeping some strategic U.S. bases open, I would defer to military command recommendations.
4. Should the U.S. maintain its standing army?
I have a hard time accepting defense cuts and am very wary of them generally. I do refer to President Gerald Ford quote frequently when this topic arises:
“A strong defense is the surest way to peace. Strength makes detente attainable. Weakness invites war, as my generation my generation knows from four very bitter experiences. Just as Americas will for peace is second to none, so will Americas strength be second to none. We cannot rely on the forbearance of others to protect this Nation. The power and diversity of the Armed Forces, active Guard and Reserve, the resolve of our fellow citizens, the flexibility in our command to navigate international waters that remain troubled are all essential to our security.”
5. Is the Patriot Act necessary to protect America? If not, would you vote to repeal it?
I DO NOT SUPPORT the Patriot Act and would vote to repeal it. It violates the 4th Amendment in my opinion.
III) Re. Personal Liberty:
1. What information may the U.S. government legally gather about its citizens? When would it be necessary to overstep those boundaries?
I don’t think they need anything, they issue birth certificates. Personally I think that’s all they need to issue.
2. What limits, if any, should be placed on the U.S. government’s ability to search its citizens without a warrant?
We must follow the 4th Amendment.
3. Ought the U.S. government be allowed to protect its citizens’ health by outlawing foods it considers unsafe, or to force medicate (i.e., fluoridation) or force vaccinate citizens?
4. What controls, if any, should be placed on the right to own a gun? Is there an effective way to keep guns out of the hands of madmen and criminals without encroaching on the rights of free, law-abiding citizens?
No controls. Allow everyone to carry a firearm and crime won’t get very far.
IV) Re. U.S. Sovereignty:
1. Is our involvement in and subjugation to global organizations, such as WHO (World Health Organization), NATO, the UN, etc., a benefit to U.S. citizens?
No. I would support a withdraw from the UN and I personally would order them out of our country.
2. Would you work to repeal international agreements that purport to hold U.S. citizens and/or property under its jurisdiction, or do you think there might be times when benefits outweigh concessions?
I would support to repeal any agreements and I don’t believe we should compromise on this issue either.
3. Are trade agreements with other nations, i.e., NAFTA, CAFTA, good for U.S. citizens?
No and I wouldn’t support them.
4. Should the U.S. give foreign aid to other countries? If yes, for what purposes would it be justified? If not all countries, which would you continue to support?
I can support foreign aid based on humanitarian, economic or disaster relief needs but nothing more.
V) Re. State Sovereignty:
1. When does state law take precedent over federal law?
As specifically enumerated in the constitution.
2. Would you stand up to the federal government and demand that it stay within the bounds of its enumerated powers and out of state business?
Yes, however social issues I am not willing to leave to the states, since this nation is a Christian nation.
3. Do federal officers have the right to arrest non-military citizens within the individual states for any crimes?
Yes, if done in accordance with local jurisdiction.
VI) Illegal Immigration:
1. What do you see as the #1 problem with illegal immigration?
Our failure to deport illegal immigrants.
2. What actions could we take to stop illegal immigrants from taking advantage of social services?
It’s a state issue, states should lay down the guidelines.
VII) Misc. Questions:
1. If you could make one amendment to the U.S. Constitution, what would it be?
Stop abortion: Protect LIFE for the unborn citizen and allow it pursue liberty and happiness.
2. Would you vote to end government subsidies to private industry?
3. What should our government’s action be against Julian Assange, if any?
Nothing. He isn’t a citizen of this country.
4. Do you know what Agenda 21/Sustainable Development and the Communitarian agenda is? Do you support it? Why or why not?
Yes, I am aware of it. No, I do not support it. Anything that deals a blow to U.S. Sovereignty, I can’t support.
Dale Anderson II
TEA Party Conservative
Dale Anderson II
Mayor of Huntington
May 8th Primary
Dale Anderson II for Mayor
P.O. BOX 3346
Huntington, WV 25702