Sean Stipe for U.S. House of Representatives, OH
✓ Sean’s website: www.SeanStipe.com
✓ Sean’s Meetup page
✓ To support Sean’s Liberty run, go to his contact page and click the donate button!
Sean answers the Liberty Candidate questions below:
I) Re. the U.S. Financial System:
1. What is your view of the monetary system in the U.S. today?
End the Federal Reserve, eliminate the IRS and allow for competing currencies
2. What corrective actions could we take right now to improve the economy?
Elimination of the IRS
3. Do you agree with the actions the Federal Reserve has taken to solve the financial crisis? If not, what could the Fed have done differently?
The Federal Reserve did what was in their best interests; I wouldn’t expect anything different from a private entity. That’s why they must be eliminated
4. Should the Federal Reserve be audited fully, no secrets, or does it need to keep some information under wraps?
II) Re. Foreign Policy:
1. What is your opinion on current US foreign policy?
Only go to war when declared by Congress. Our military should not be used for NATO and UN actions.
2. How should we fight a “war on terror”?
Remove our troops and bases from around the world. That will eliminate the reason “they” come here to attack us.
3. Should the U.S. occupy other countries? If not, would you push to close all bases? Are there any you would keep open?
US should not occupy another country and must respect their sovereignty. I would eliminate all bases.
4. Should the U.S. maintain its standing army?
5. Is the Patriot Act necessary to protect America? If not, would you vote to repeal it?
III) Re. Personal Liberty:
1. What information may the U.S. government legally gather about its citizens? When would it be necessary to overstep those boundaries?
A head count every 10 years as the census requires.
2. What limits, if any, should be placed on the U.S. government’s ability to search its citizens without a warrant?
Warrant or observation of a crime about to occur is always needed.
3. Ought the U.S. government be allowed to protect its citizens’ health by outlawing foods it considers unsafe, or to force medicate (i.e., fluoridation) or force vaccinate citizens?
Warnings are sufficient in most cases of healthy food. No forced medication or vaccinations.
4. What controls, if any, should be placed on the right to own a gun? Is there an effective way to keep guns out of the hands of madmen and criminals without encroaching on the rights of free, law-abiding citizens?
18 years old to purchase, but no limit on possession. Felons convicted of violent offences or those ruled by a court as insane should not be able to purchase or posses.
IV) Re. U.S. Sovereignty:
1. Is our involvement in and subjugation to global organizations, such as WHO, NATO, the UN, etc., a benefit to U.S. citizens?
2. Would you work to repeal international agreements that purport to hold U.S. citizens and/or property under its jurisdiction, or do you think there might be times when benefits outweigh concessions?
Repeal all such agreements.
3. Are trade agreements with other nations, i.e., NAFTA, CAFTA, good for U.S. citizens?
No. Elimination of corporate taxes would even the playing field.
4. Should the U.S. give foreign aid to other countries? If yes, for what purposes would it be justified? If not all countries, which would you continue to support?
I would eliminate all foreign aid except in the cases of US restitution for war damage from an undeclared war.
V) Re. State Sovereignty:
1. When does state law take precedent over federal law?
Federal power is strictly limited to specific areas detailed in the Constitution and that all other governmental authority rests with the states
2. Would you stand up to the federal government and demand that it stay within the bounds of its enumerated powers and out of state business?
3. Do federal officers have the right to arrest non-military citizens within the individual states for any crimes?
Only for federal crimes.
VI) Illegal Immigration:
1. What do you see as the #1 problem with illegal immigration?
Undefended borders and drug prohibition.
2. What actions could we take to stop illegal immigrants from taking advantage of social services?
Arrest and deport anyone not in the country legally when they seek the services.
VII) Misc. Questions:
1. If you could make one amendment to the U.S. Constitution, what would it be?
I would never do it as one individual.
2. Would you vote to end government subsidies to private industry?
3. What should our government’s action be against Julian Assange, if any?
I do not know enough about the case to answer the question properly.
4. Do you know what Agenda 21/Sustainable Development and the Communitarian agenda is? Do you support it? Why or why not?
It is the biggest threat to unalienable rights next to a full invasion of the US by a foreign power.
Your Name: Sean P Stipe
Office you seek: U.S. House of Representatives
PRIMARY DATE: March 6, 2012
Mailing Address: 4652 Oberlin Ave #B4 Lorain Ohio 44001
Phone Number: 440-984-1878
Email Address: Sean@SeanStipe.com