Congratulations on your primary win, Ray! Thank you for running. On to victory in November 2012!
Ray answers the Liberty Candidate questions below:
I) Re. the U.S. Financial System:
1. What is your view of the monetary system in the U.S. today?
I believe it has been hijacked by the federal reserve.
2. What corrective actions could we take right now to improve the economy?
Lower taxes and decrease regulations as much as possible.
3. Do you agree with the actions the Federal Reserve has taken to solve the financial crisis?
If not, what could the Fed have done differently?
Stop creating money and causing inflation and not bailed out any banks or businesses.
4. Should the Federal Reserve be audited fully, no secrets, or does it need to keep some information under wraps?
Absolutely. Audit and eventually end the fed.
II) Re. Foreign Policy:
1. What is your opinion on current US foreign policy?
I believe it is harmful to the US by inciting more violence and hatred and violence due to our foreign intervention.
2. How should we fight a “war on terror”?
Not sure, but wars on ideologies will never work. What I would never do is use the erosion of civil liberties as an excuse to keep us safer. Also I would try to understand the reason why terrorism is used against us and not buy into a knee jerk reaction such as “they hate us because we are free and prosperous, which we not longer are anyway.
3. Should the U.S. occupy other countries?
If not, would you push to close all bases?
Are there any you would keep open?
Only if it was absolutely necessary for our national security.
4. Should the U.S. maintain its standing army?
5. Is the Patriot Act necessary to protect America?
If not, would you vote to repeal it?
In a heart beat. As a county commissioner, I would introduce legislation to nullify provisions which are contrary to individual rights as secured by both the federal constitution and its Michigan counterpart.
III) Re. Personal Liberty:
1. What information may the U.S. government legally gather about its citizens?
Nothing without a court order and without probable cause.
When would it be necessary to overstep those boundaries?
2. What limits, if any, should be placed on the U.S. government’s ability to search its citizens without a warrant?
Every limit imaginable ans in accordance with Article I sec 8 limiting the power and scope of federal authorit and the protection of rights as articulated in the Bill of Rights.
3. Ought the U.S. government be allowed to protect its citizens’ health by outlawing foods it considers unsafe, or to force medicate (i.e., fluoridation) or force vaccinate citizens?
4. What controls, if any, should be placed on the right to own a gun?
None unless you are a convicted felon and still on parole. Once you have served your sentence all your rights should be reinstated. Also I support a repeal of the unconstitutional Lautenberg Amendment which treat those convicted of minor misdemeanors as felons.
Is there an effective way to keep guns out of the hands of madmen and criminals without encroaching on the rights of free, law-abiding citizens?
I believe so: basic backround checks, but there is never a certainty.
IV) Re. U.S. Sovereignty:
1. Is our involvement in and subjugation to global organizations, such as WHO, NATO, the UN, etc., a benefit to U.S. citizens?
2. Would you work to repeal international agreements that purport to hold U.S. citizens and/or property under its jurisdiction, or do you think there might be times when benefits outweigh concessions?
Sovereign nations are sovereign, period
3. Are trade agreements with other nations, i.e., NAFTA, CAFTA, good for U.S. citizens?
No! Trade must be managed , not just Free trade. It has to be a two way street beneficial to the US as well as the trading partner.
4. Should the U.S. give foreign aid to other countries? If yes, for what purposes would it be justified? If not all countries, which would you continue to support?
NO, None. None.
V) Re. State Sovereignty:
1. When does state law take precedent over federal law?
In all cases except for what is authorized in the Constitution.
2. Would you stand up to the federal government and demand that it stay within the bounds of its enumerated powers and out of state business?
3. Do federal officers have the right to arrest non-military citizens within the individual states for any crimes?
VI) Illegal Immigration:
1. What do you see as the #1 problem with illegal immigration?
Benefits drive them to come.
2. What actions could we take to stop illegal immigrants from taking advantage of social services?
Do not provide them. I do believe that in cases of emergency it would be compassionate to stabilize them before deporting them, but I believe that hospitals would do that on their own for the sake of humanity, but no laws to demand such action.
VII) Misc. Questions:
1. If you could make one amendment to the U.S. Constitution, what would it be?
Redefine the necessary and proper clause to clarify its purpose in making sure the federal government was limited to its enumerated powers and that treasonous legislators who voted against the bill of rights on any subject be removed from office and tried for treason.
2. Would you vote to end government subsidies to private industry?
3. What should our government’s action be against Julian Assange, if any?
Nothing short of recognition of the service he provided exposing the truth about our government.
4. Do you know what Agenda 21/Sustainable Development and the Communitarian agenda is? Do you support it?Why or why not?
Yes. No. It is not in the interest of maintaining US sovereignty. I don’t have an issue with listening to The UN’s global plan, but reserve all the rights of a sovereign and autonomous United States in not entering into any global agreements for any reason.
Your Name: Ray Kirkus
Office you seek: Berrien County Commissioner
PRIMARY DATE:August 7th, 2012
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org