Sam lost his primary. Thank you for running again, Sam. You are just getting good at this… third time’s charm!!!
Sam answers the Liberty Candidate questions below:
I) Re. the U.S. Financial System:
1. What is your view of the monetary system in the U.S. today?
A disaster. The Fed is out of control.
2. What corrective actions could we take right now to improve the economy?
End the Fed. End the income tax. End the H-1b visa program.
3. Do you agree with the actions the Federal Reserve has taken to solve the financial crisis? If not, what could the Fed have done differently?
No I do not agree. The Fed should have no role in the economy.
4. Should the Federal Reserve be audited fully, no secrets, or does it need to keep some information under wraps?
II) Re. Foreign Policy:
1. What is your opinion on current US foreign policy?
Its immoral. How dare we try to control the world.
2. How should we fight a “war on terror”?
By leaving other countries alone as long as they pose us no direct threat.
3. Should the U.S. occupy other countries? If not, would you push to close all bases? Are there any you would keep open?
There are probably some bases worth keeping, but generally we need to bring out troops home and close the bases.
4. Should the U.S. maintain its standing army?
Good question. I understand why our founders wanted no standing army. I believe its possible, but will take time.
5. Is the Patriot Act necessary to protect America? If not, would you vote to repeal it?
If County Commissioners voted on such things, yes, I would vote to repeal it.
III) Re. Personal Liberty:
1. What information may the U.S. government legally gather about its citizens? When would it be necessary to overstep those boundaries?
The US government has very limited law enforcement authority under the Constitution, and it should collect only as much to perform its Constitutional duties.
2. What limits, if any, should be placed on the U.S. government’s ability to search its citizens without a warrant?
Strict limits as put forward in the Constitution.
3. Ought the U.S. government be allowed to protect its citizens’ health by outlawing foods it considers unsafe, or to force medicate (i.e., fluoridation) or force vaccinate citizens?
4. What controls, if any, should be placed on the right to own a gun? Is there an effective way to keep guns out of the hands of madmen and criminals without encroaching on the rights of free, law-abiding citizens?
We have the right to keep and bear arms.
IV) Re. U.S. Sovereignty:
1. Is our involvement in and subjugation to global organizations, such as WHO, NATO, the UN, etc., a benefit to U.S. citizens?
2. Would you work to repeal international agreements that purport to hold U.S. citizens and/or property under its jurisdiction, or do you think there might be times when benefits outweigh concessions?
There is never a good excuse to give up our sovereignty.
3. Are trade agreements with other nations, i.e., NAFTA, CAFTA, good for U.S. citizens?
Perhaps, but not as we’ve practiced them.
4. Should the U.S. give foreign aid to other countries? If yes, for what purposes would it be justified? If not all countries, which would you continue to support?
V) Re. State Sovereignty:
1. When does state law take precedent over federal law?
Per the Constitution, the states and the people retain all powers not specifically granted to the federal government.
2. Would you stand up to the federal government and demand that it stay within the bounds of its enumerated powers and out of state business?
I’m looking forward to doing so.
3. Do federal officers have the right to arrest non-military citizens within the individual states for any crimes?
Very limited authority to do so.
VI) Illegal Immigration:
1. What do you see as the #1 problem with illegal immigration?
The U.S. does not enforce its laws.
2. What actions could we take to stop illegal immigrants from taking advantage of social services?
Stop providing them.
VII) Misc. Questions:
1. If you could make one amendment to the U.S. Constitution, what would it be?
Repeal the 16th Amendment.
2. Would you vote to end government subsidies to private industry?
Yes. Will do so here in Hays County.
3. What should our government’s action be against Julian Assange, if any?
They should get their business in order, stop worrying about Julian Assange.
4. Do you know what Agenda 21/Sustainable Development and the Communitarian agenda is? Do you support it? Why or why not?
Yes I do, and its alive and well in Hays County. I and others will fight it every time it rears its head.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY ~ TRANSPARENCY ~ LOCAL DECISIONS
District: Hays County Commissioner Precinct 3
PRIMARY DATE: April 3rd, may move again due to court / DOJ redistricting issues
Mailing Address: PO Box 395, San Marcos, Texas 78667
Phone Number: five one two-9 two five-2 five 92